Friday 20 July 2012

Rotten Apple vs. Short Circuiting Robot

I always based my iPad impression on my experiences with iOS which was a bit off. After being stuck with an iPad from work a week or so, feeling it inside and out, I can safely say I know what I'd pick when all comes down to it. First off, this should not be taken as a device review, I'm giving my assessment of the things casual users look at. HARDWARE You can call me African but I have a problem with the iPad form factor, its metallic feeling hard back and shape. I find hard to hold in one hand,let alone two. Feels like it'll slip out of my hands when I hold it in book like position. That's why many people prefer to have a these fancy grippy covers. The Galaxy tab on the hand is light, one hand is all you need. Purchase a cover only to reduce wear. The kindle and Google Nexus 7 are excellent readers cz of their braille like rears. Display-wise, the iPad shades it though the Galaxy is a close second with colors having a more organic touch. The iPad has excellent sunlight legibility but who uses there tabs in the sun. On connectivity,I can't tell which is better though WiFi tethering coming to the galaxy out of the box is a plus. Storage,Galaxy takes the cake. Mass storage mode helps a lot. Sound output,even. Part 1, complete......coming up Part 2.

1 comment:

  1. The rotten apple has just always been about the prestige attached to it. I dont think it is for professionals who want to be productive and actually achieve anything but it is for people that want to be entertained. I think as you said, it rigid body design is as rigid as its productivity

    ReplyDelete